In this episode Carla shows how living in the past is robbing you of the present and future God has planned for you. Learn the 5 steps Carla used to finally break free and begin to move forward.
- Carla opens by sharing that there is a difference between reminiscing/nostalgia and living in the past! Living in the past looks like clinging so tightly to it that you can’t move on. It robs you of your present AND your future as it puts you on a trajectory that leads you further and further away from God’s best for you!
- God’s best for us is NOT in the past. It’s in the present and the future.
- So why do we live in the past?
- Maybe you’ve made decisions you regret. Maybe you have trauma. Maybe you have shame that keeps bringing you back. Usually, we live in the past because we wish we could change the outcome. Doing this doesn’t allow us to take action steps to building our future.
- Maybe you are reliving mountaintop experiences! Perhaps you are in a valley season and having a hard time with it. Constantly reliving past mountaintop experiences doesn’t allow you to experience the joy right in front of you and the blessings unfolding around you.
- Whether you are stuck in shame & regret or reliving the glory days, if you are living in the past, you are not living in God’s will.
- Carla talks through scripture that challenges listeners to live in the present.
- Carla explains how the enemy uses the past to keep out of God’s will.
5 Steps On How To Stop Living in Your Past
- Acknowledge your emotions about it. We have to be willing to sit in uncomfortable emotions to move forward. Take what you
- Take what you can learn. The past offers lessons! Pick those up and carry them!
- Recognize the impact it’s having on the present.
- Release. Release hurts and expectations to God.
- Take Action! We get so stuck in the past, we forget to live in the present. Find action steps that keep you moving!
- This is a process! It’s not easy, and it doesn’t happen overnight. Give yourself to recognize that. But START TODAY.
I will release the past and strive to be who God is calling me to be today.
- *Key Scripture: Philippians 3:13-14
- Isaiah 43:18
- Ecclesiastes 7:10
FREE RESOURCE: SIGN UP TO DOWNLOAD NOW 5 Steps to Building Resiliency —> https://mailchi.mp/4338670272b5/buildingmentalresiliency
If you want to have an influence on podcast topics and if you need a safe & supportive community to help you find hope in the face of hard circumstances, come check out the Affirming Truths Facebook Group! Affirming Truths Facebook Community ---> https://www.facebook.com/groups/affirmingtruths
If you are stuck in negative self-talk, sick and tired of your mental spiral, being run by anxiety, jealousy & fear and you are ready to step out and put in the work to renew your mind - send me an email to see if 1-on1 mentoring with me is the right fit for you! Inquire about one-on-one mentorship ---> email@example.com
- 5 Steps to Building Resiliency —> https://mailchi.mp/4338670272b5/buildingmentalresiliency
- Affirming Truths Facebook Community ---> https://www.facebook.com/groups/affirmingtruths
- Rahab Bible Study Guide ---> https://mailchi.mp/1cdd6d75c9e2/rehab-study-guide-lead-magnet
- 5 Tips for Overcoming a Negative Body Image ---> https://mailchi.mp/b22dbae16e8d/bodyimage
- Who You Say I Am Biblical Affirmation Cards ---> https://www.carlaarges.com/product/who-you-say-i-am-affirmation-cards
- Inquire about one-on-one mentorship ---> firstname.lastname@example.org
- Come hangout on IG with me www.instagram.com/carlaarges