In Carla’s experience our fears usually boil down to one thing - fear of others. Fear of their opinions, rejection, judgements, etc. But this fear holds us back from truly walking in our God-given potential. Learn the formula I used to finally move from acting in fear, to acting in faith.
- Fear as a practical tool to keep us safe from real dangers vs a chronic () that keeps us in our comfort zone and stops us from living up to our full potential, ie:
- Fear of other people’s opinions/judgements
- Fear of rejection
- Fear of failure
- And all of the above is rooted in fear of man
- Fear is a lack of faith. Carla shares how even distant criticism has triggered her fear. We can’t expect to never have our fear triggered but we need to learn how to operate with courage. Courage is not the absence of fear, but taking steps of faith despite the fear.
- God is with us, and His standard is the only one that matters.
3 F’s of Overcoming Fear
- Frame it - name it, call it out, and put it in its place. Affirm the truth over the fear.
- Face it - take the first steps to act out against your fear.
- Faith it - operate in faith! Keep acting, keep rising up to God’s calling for you and surrender your fear to Him daily. Operating in faith doesn’t mean the fear goes away, it’s continuing to courageously walk in obedience to God.
- I will act on Faith and not fear.
- *Key Scripture: Deuteronomy 31:6
- Psalm 27:1
- Psalm 34:1
- Psalm 23:4
- 2nd Timothy 1:7
If you need help framing, facing, and faithing your fears, you can find a safe and supportive community in the Affirming Truths Facebook Group!
If you are stuck in negative self-talk, sick and tired of your mental spiral, being run by anxiety, jealousy & fear and you are ready to step out and put in the work to renew your mind - send me an email to see if 1-on1 mentoring with me is the right fit for you!
- Affirming Truths Facebook Community ---> https://www.facebook.com/groups/affirmingtruths
- Rahab Bible Study Guide ---> https://mailchi.mp/1cdd6d75c9e2/rehab-study-guide-lead-magnet
- 5 Tips for Overcoming a Negative Body Image ---> https://mailchi.mp/b22dbae16e8d/bodyimage
- Who You Say I Am Biblical Affirmation Cards ---> https://www.carlaarges.com/product/who-you-say-i-am-affirmation-cards
Inquire about one-on-one mentorship --->email@example.com