Carla is fired up on this topic! Comparison aka jealousy robs us of so much - and we all battle it! Get tips to overcome and live with more joy.
- Carla explains that fighting jealousy is part of the human condition, but one we are shockingly silent about. She explores why we don’t want to admit the sin of Jealousy and she lists some consequences of jealousy:
- Robs us of joy
- Robs us of peace
- Makes us insecure
- Maker us angry
- Makes us bitter
- Stops us from praising God
- Stops us from walking in our calling and gifting
- It is dangerous to keep jealousy in the dark. It works like other sins (shame & pride) - when you shine a light on it, you are empowered to overcome it. If you want more joy, mental resiliency, confidence, and impact, then you have to face up to the fact that you fight jealousy.
- Jealousy causes us to resent other people’s blessings and discredit our own blessings. Comparison leads to jealousy, which leads to envy, which leads to self-righteous judgment. Often your “why” for burnout, depression, purposelessness, etc, points back to a root of envy/comparison.
- Are you serving others with your gifts or are you too busy wishing you had something else?
Practical ways to break free from jealousy:
- Practice gratitude. Start writing it down, speaking it out. Align your focus!
- Avoid activities that encourage comparison. Stop the endless scroll on your phone, etc.
- Get to know your triggers and trace it back to the root.
- Peace rules your heart when you are being who He designed you to be!
Be sure to check out and join the NEW Facebook Group dedicated to Affirming Truths podcast listeners! Come engage in conversation, ask questions and be encouraged!
You can use Carla’s “Who You Say I Am” to combat the lies with truth. Check them out in the Resources links below!
- I am richly blessed by God and I will practice gratitude and exalt Him for His giftings to me.
- *Key Scripture: Colossians 3:15
- Proverbs 13:40
- James 3:16
- Romans 12:6
- 1st Peter 4:10
- 1st Corinthians 12:4
- Affirming Truths Facebook Community ---> https://www.facebook.com/groups/affirmingtruths
- Rahab Bible Study Guide ---> https://mailchi.mp/1cdd6d75c9e2/rehab-study-guide-lead-magnet
- 5 Tips for Overcoming a Negative Body Image ---> https://mailchi.mp/b22dbae16e8d/bodyimage
- Who You Say I Am Biblical Affirmation Cards ---> https://www.carlaarges.com/product/who-you-say-i-am-affirmation-cards
- Inquire about one-on-one mentorship ---> email@example.com
Come hangout on IG with me www.instagram.com/carlaarges